Claimed:Pierre Gaudette Biography

Frank

Pierre Gaudette Biography

Written by: Frank Chadwick

Early Life

Pierre Gaudette born May 15th 1998 in Quebec City, Canada. Pierre grew up loving the Montreal Canadiens, his father Claude used to take him to games and he would occasionally meet the players afterwards. This inspired him to become a hockey player. He started playing at the age of 6 though he did not play in a league until he was 12. Pierre was always considered under sized while he was growing up because of his late growth spurt and slender build. On October 18th 2012 Pierre's father Claude passed away, he now dedicates all his games to his father. Pierre would regularly play outdoor hockey with his friends all year round. He would watch Hockey Night and Canada and use the tips Don Cherry gave to help improve his game. In the winters the temperature would drop below -20 and Pierre would be outside playing hockey improving his skills on the rough ice. Though things we're going good on the ice for Pierre, off the ice was another story. His teachers believed he may have learning difficulties or some form of ADHD. At one point his troubles in the classroom forced him to stop playing hockey and focus on his studies. Fortunately once he hit middle school his teachers we're able to get through to him and he was able to join a hockey league. His mother would drive him to practice at 5 am, in return Pierre would shovel the drive way in the winter. 

outdoor-hockey.jpg

The picture above feature Pierre Gaudette (far left) and his father (goalie) playing outdoor hockey

High School

Pierre attended Collège François-de-Laval until he graduated in 2016. He studied the regular curriculum unfortunately education was not his strong suit as he struggled to maintain a high enough GPA to remain the QMJHL throughout his time at Laval. He did however excel in woodworking as he would often take on projects that weren't even a part of the course. His teacher believe that if hockey didn't work out he would have a future in furniture making. In fact his woodworking prowess got him a scholarship to Laval University in the Joinery Department. Pierre won athlete of the year in every grade during his time at Laval, he starred in track and field. They even named an award after him the Gaudette Come Back Trophy, which is given out to all students not only athletes. The award is meant for someone that starts off poorly but improves so vastly they're accomplishments can't go unnoticed. "Pierre is the definition of character, he is relentless even when he is unsuccessful and he never gives up." A quote from his high school physical education instructor.  

QMJHL Career

In 2013 Pierre Gaudette was draft 13th overall to the Victoriaville Tigres. His GM had this to say after the selection. "Pierre's a good kid with plenty of talent to go with that smile, we hope he can put up big points for us in the future. We really like his play making ability and his defensive awareness." After getting his tires pumped up by his GM, Pierre would put up 6 points in 10 games as a 16 year old. His coach commented "We really like what we've seen from Pierre in this short stint but we need him to bulk up a bit, we don't want him to get hurt out there." Pierre Gaudette was starting to catch eyes of VHLM scouts. Specifically Sam Helberg so came to Victoriaville to watch Pierre ahead of the Season 52 VHLM draft. Sam Helberg the current GM of the Yukon Rush had this to say at the time. "We're here to do our due diligence, if we see a player that stands out we'll definitely make note. I'd say Gaudette has been impressive but I'm not sure about his shot." Sam's comments we're right on the mark with Pierre's statistics in his final VHLM season. He scored only 10 goals in 72 games but added 70 assists. 

Image result for pascal laberge

Pierre Gaudette in a Victoriaville Tigres jersey.

VHLM Draft

Ahead of the Season 52 VHLM Draft rumours were swirling that Pierre would go undrafted and need to be signed to a VHLM contract if he was even to play in the VHLM. "After the first round passed my mom looked at me and said whatever happens you'll be fine just keep improving yourself." Pierre answered when asked if he was worried once he didn't go in the first round. "I wasn't too worried I want to play hockey as long as I get the chance I'll be happy." He continued. "Maybe if it was the third round I might feel a bit sad since no team would want to take a risk on me but fortunately that did not happen." The very last pick in the second round was called and the Yukon Rush selected Pierre Gaudette. It was official he was headed to northern Canada. Sam Helberg drafted Pierre after scouting him in Victoriaville earlier in the year. His tenacity and relentlessness on the puck was what separated him from other draftees at that pick. Pierre Gaudette will start the season at center, he is expected to play all of Season 52 in the VHLM. At the end of Season 52 he will be able to negotiate a contract with a VHL team. Although sources say that he will be signing with his hometown Quebec City Meute. "That would be a dream come true but I don't want to put myself in a position where if it doesn't happen I have no other options." Pierre stated when asked about the possibility of signing with the Meute next season. 

This biography is written in loving memory of Claude Gaudette (1968-2012). A loving father and hard working man, he will never be forgotten. This eulogy's only purpose is so I can hit an arbitrary word count which is 1000 words and is a fucking total pain in my ass. Thank you kind regards.