Chet Manley Struggles Out The Gate

GoodLeftUndone

Fans in Saskatoon have been crying for help in net since the early offseason and it doesn't appear yet they have found the answer. Scouts early in the week were very high on an American goalkeeper from North Dakota coveted by many VHLM teams. That goalie is none other than Chet Manley who was tearing it up on the Bismarck Battalion and is a member of the US Under-20 National Team. Manley finally decided to go to the VHL Development League to increase his draft stock and Saskatoon had the best pitch based on his need for playing time. Fans were excited that maybe this was THE GUY they had been waiting for. Manley was immediately granted his wish and started his first game right away against the Oslo Storm, what was expected to be an easy introduction to the VHLM for the young netminder turned into a nightmare.

Just eight minutes into the first period, Manley surrendered a weak goal to Brock Dragonslayer on just Oslo's first shot of the game. He would make one more save that period and his team trailed by 1 despite outplaying their opponent. Things got worse halfway through the second after Manley made a few more saves trying to boost his team. Jokinen got sent in on a breakaway and forced Manley to bite hard on a wicked deke, making him look foolish. His team down 2-0 despite outplaying Oslo badly.

His team would get the goals back in the third but Manley did nothing to help them as he faced ZERO shots in the third. Overtime struck and the first shot of the extra frame went to Oslo's Elias Forsberg. Forsberg, knowing the young netminder was cold having not faced a shot in awhile, simply threw a soft one on net. Manley was slow to react and the puck trickled through him down low. A terrible goal but the one that mattered most. Saskatoon outplayed Oslo, outshooting them 24-8 but Manley allowed 3 goals and that's all it took.

He would start one more barely getting his team the win stopping 15 of 18 shots against as his team again pounded the other team in shots. Perhaps Chet is not the answer for the Wild?

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also because of you, I haven't slept in so long

When I do I dream of losing to the Storm

Longing for the Wild

To finally give me defense

I'll follow your voice

All you have to do is SHOUT IT OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

:worthy:

:wub:

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Also because of you, I haven't slept in so long

When I do I dream of losing to the Storm

Longing for the Wild

To finally give me defense

I'll follow your voice

All you have to do is SHOUT IT OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Seems like losing to the storm is my speciality... If I wasn't very drunk I'd post an obi wan gif yea know sith lords...speciality...someone help a brotha lol