They shoot, I block

jRuutu

Perhaps quite surprisingly, I´m currently leading the league in blocked shots, 54 in 21 games is pretty nice total. I do play quite close to the net, so it´s not that unusual to see defender getting hit by the puck, but I have actually tried to get in front of the shot few times as well. I´m not sure who counts those blocks, but I know for a fact that I have not jumped in front of them that often, so that raises few questions.

Are the players trying to hurt me by shooting towards me on purpose? That is the most obvious option in my opinion. They are basically jealous of my ability as a player, but also jealous about all the attention I get from the media. If you turn your tv on at any time of the day, you need to wait at most 25 minutes to see my name or face being mentioned somewhere. 

The second reason for my high shot block number could be the overall shooting ability of the players in VHL. Is it the worst in a while? I get to see those shots quite closely, since I play near the net and I must say that they rarely go anywhere near the net. I´m  more worried about my modeling career being ruined by shot that goes wide by mile instead of getting scored on.

Will be interesting to see how rest of the season goes, will my shot blocking number just keep on getting higher and higher?