Really 17 PIMs in First Game?

Devise

At least that was the question following Verner Reinholdts debut game for the Brampton Blades against the Bratislava Watchmen. In what was Reinholdts first competitive hockey game in several years the aged Swede was taunted into a fight near the end of the second period. Reinholdt received 17 total penalty minutes on a fighting major and a game misconduct for instigation. Verner laughed off the seriousness of the incident, but he felt that it wasn't exactly fair that he got ejected from the game for his actions. 

Yeah it was an interesting first game for me for sure. I was just getting my legs under me and starting to feel the ice well again and then this Miguel Pettyfer comes over and starts taunting me. He tells me I'm a dinosaur and I don't have manhood to fight him, to drop the gloves. So of course I drop the gloves first and get ejected. And I get a black eye in the process, the little bastard.

But it's all good my teammates and I joked about it, it's a nice welcome back to the game, and a reminder that this is hockey we are playing here. I can tell you I'll certainly have some more motivation the next time we play them, that is for certain. 

*For Verner*