Can Maxwell sustain skills under new update scale?

scoop

Heading into my 5th season, I don't have to worry about depreciation quite yet. However, the new update scale is rolling out, so I will have to be taking a look at my build this off-season. My current build uses 755 TPE, while I have 27 TPE banked. To be honest, I don't care about the 15 points I added to leadership; I did that simply because I knew we'd be getting the free re-roll, so I figured I'd use my points because I can. Without the update scale change, 740 TPE is where I would've started banking TPE. That would have put me at the following:

CK = Checking: 90
SK = Skating: 99
ST = Strength: 99
PH = Puck Handling: 99
PA = Passing: 90
SC = Scoring: 99
DF = Defense: 99

(with 40 in everything not listed except experience, which is not a product of TPE)

Previously, it took 80 TPE to get an attribute to 90, and another 36, for a total of 116, to get it to 99. Now, it takes a bit more. To get an attribute to 90, it now takes 85; to get to 99, it takes a total of 134 TPE. So if I wanted to have that same build, I would need 840 TPE. I'm currently at 782 TPE, and my quick estimation is that by the start of S54, I'll add at least 40 more TPE to that number.

The tricky part will be regarding when I start to bank for depreciation. Starting in S55, I'll be losing points every season, and I want to make sure that I can still keep certain attributes high (having attributes such as PH, SC, SK, and DF at 95 is more important to me than having CK at 80). Do I forsake checking to make sure that I'll be able to keep my primary attributes higher later on in my career? Or do I just hope that I continue earning enough TPE to keep them where I want them?

I don't know for sure yet, but here's 1 TPE for Maxwell.