Claimed: What could have been - Guntis Petenis to Davos?

hedgehog337

Attēlu rezultāti vaicājumam “davos dynamo”

*Guntis Petenis never played in Davos. But perhaps he had a chance for that...*

If your first thoughts were that @Smarch wanted to get Petenis to his team after you read this heading - you're wrong. It's not about him. Moreso, all of these events happened during @Gooningitup's reign. So, what happened and what could have been, if...?

S49. The last season of Benjamin Zeptenbergs' career. Shortly before that, I decided to finish his career in a team that drafted me, the Toronto Legion. After I did that, I needed to think about my recreate. Actually, I knew which player and his name a long time before Benjamin's last season. Also, I was pumped with the idea that I can make into an event that is associated with milestone. So that milestone was the S50 VHL Entry Draft. I applied my last TPE to Zep and created Guntis immediately after, and even @Molholt's suggestion about making my player at the trade deadline to have more carryover TPE didn't stop me from achieving my ''dream''. The season finished with another Toronto victory and Benjamin retired with another cup. Then the S50 draft came. We all know what happened in that draft - Petenis was drafted 7th OV by @Banackock's Seattle. Another steal player, good team, good GM, competing for the gold - no regrets. But what could have been if I listened to Molholt and created a player at the trade deadline?

We also all know, how the S51 draft was atrocious - only one Skye became a thing. But I'm not talking about the draft's quality, let's better talk about the first three picks and the teams that owned these picks:

1. Riga Reign

2. Riga Reign

3. Davos Dynamo

At that time, the draft had two active players - Skye and Jelen. But again, I had a chance to create Gunča at the S49 trade dealine and have a first player who was a TOP 3 draftee (the highest pick was 4th: my first sim league player on LSHL and Guntis Petenis, who was drafted by the Ottawa Lynx). So there were only two teams who could draft my recreate - Riga (how sweet, now I'm this team's GM) and Davos. I think I would had enough TPE for being a second pick, but actually that wouldn't have made any difference because of this trade:

To :rig: 

(S45) G - Sandro Clegane

(S49) C - Kai Roberts

To :dav:

(S51) G - Apollo Skye

(S51) D - Robert Jelen

(S47) C - Vincent Adultman

(S46) C - Jory Rose

As we can see, the first two picks went to Davos and that means this team practically had all first three picks. In any cases, Guntis Petenis would've finished in the Dynamo team. Also, that means Davos had a better chance to make a successful rebuild. Guntis Petenis, Apollo Skye, Pavel Komarov and the S53 first round pick - not bad IMO. What Goon could do while having these players?

1. Trade the S53 first for a promising player and then chasing FA's;

2. Trade Skye and Petenis for more relevant picks;

3. Just wait for the S53 draft and take a player and then chasing FA's. 

Would Petenis solve all Davos' problems? I don't think so, but I do think he would've made the rebuild phase more easily. But now we have Smarch and he's doing a good job and this article is just a speculation about the past. 

That's it and I'm out. 

6 TPE goes to Petenis.