A Streak is Over

Higgins

The longest streak of making the playoffs with a player is coming to an end this season. I had been lucky enough to get a streak of 27 seasons without missing the playoffs with a player. It's coming to an end in Season 54 though as the Calgary Wranglers appear to be tanking for another season. I've been a part of some good teams through the early parts of my players careers, which isn't the usual case as most players get drafted to teams that are in the middle or start of a rebuild process, like in Calgary. T

The last player of mine to miss the playoffs was my first player, Mitch Higgins a S23 draftee, who was drafted to Helsinki, immediately traded to Riga, and then traded mid-season in S24 to Seattle who were in a major rebuild with me being the first piece. Therefore I missed the playoffs in S24 and S25 with my first player and ever since then my players have always made the post-season. It's strange because two of my players actually went 1st overall, but both managed to join competitive teams for their first seasons, which is kinda of lucky/rare to happen.

Mitch Higgins S26-S30

Tuomas Tukio S31-S38

James Faraday S40-S46

Black Velvet S48-S54

Jacob ends the streak by missing in his 1st season

In the end this streak doesn't mean much, but it was fun for me to start tracking it as my 4th player entered the league. It's over now, unless I demand a trade for Jacob? Anyway I wonder who has the longest running streak now? :o