Holik Eyes Shutout Record

Beketov

• Commissioner

As Season 54 comes to a close Jakab Holik finds himself in a position he never expected 7 seasons ago when he started his VHL career; near the top of a record book. After a stellar 20 shutout season the Czech net minder sits third all-time in shutouts with 71 (Tied with Ariel Weinstein). With 1 season left in his VHL career surpassing Sandro Clegane for 2nd all time (74) should be easily manageable but Holik wants more. He has his eyes on the golden number of 23 shutouts, the amount required to surpass Hall of Famer Greg Clegane for first all-time. The challenge is a hefty one for certain. The 20 shutouts Holik managed this season is a career high for him and he would need to surpass even that to cement his name in the record books as shutout king. It's anyone's guess if he'll be able to do it. For now, Holik is simply happy to see his name amonst the likes of the Cleganes and Weinstein. 

"When I came into this league, those 3 guys were always just one step ahead of me. Now it's my time to shine and I'm not holding back. Even to finish 2nd on the list would be amazing but I really want to snag that top spot."

To put into perspective quite how many shutouts Holik has managed, the last goalie out of the Beketov agency, Evgeni Chekhov, finished his career with only 30. His career was several seasons shorter but it's still quite a leap to go from 30 to nearly 100.

*For Holik

P.S Do all time stats count playoffs or just regular season? I'm not actually even sure. If they count the playoffs I may nail a couple more in the first round this year and make things a little easier next season. We shall see. This is also assuming the stats were updated last season. I believe they were though it still says "Updated S52"

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

All crime stats should be regular season only.

I just did a quick count of my shutouts and found that is the case. Regular season only and they were up to date so I'm sitting at 71 and the record is currently 93 so I'll need 23 shutouts next season to beat the record. Possible but will be damn challenging to say the least, especially in my 8th season.

If only I had managed to get at least a few in my rookie season instead of 0, that would have been helpful.