Power To Back Up Another Season

Devise

Goalie MT Power has had a rather unorthodox career in the VHL thus far. From being a prominent young starter who many wondered if he could handle the pressures of such a successful franchise. To a rocky first season that ultimately saw him find his game in the playoffs, and his first Continental Cup. All the way through a season playing only eight games, something which carried over to the current World Cup as Power plays back up to the great Apollo Skye for Team USA. 

Now entering Season 55, Holik remains the go to starter for the New York Americans and Power is left to develop. When asked about transitioning to a back up, before likely becoming a full time starter again next season, and what kind of effect this had on him mentally and as a player, Power had the following to say. 

Well last season and even right now I embrace it. It's a new challenge, a different approach. For me it's not like I take offense to it. You work within the roles your team gives you. I've got the full commitment from my GM and the team. From season 56 on through the rest of my career I am the Americans starter. It will be my nets, my show. So for me the challenge isn't trying to keep myself busy or active enough to develop, but more so ensuring that I develop enough so that when I take the stage as a starter in Season 56, that I'm ready to steal the show. So for now I've just been focusing on training and growing.