Claimed: Black and white, black and white, black and white

jRuutu

181iv7orxmci2jpg.jpg

I pushed the snooze button too many times, in result of that I was late and had to watch the practice from the bench.

We had a morning skate today, I was sitting on the bench, just watching all the guys on the ice. Warm feeling overwhelmed me, I realized that Quebec is going to win the cup this year. Why you might ask? Well, we got a great team.

Since that is not enough words for media spot. I decided to write a little preview of the team. Let´s start with the heart and soul of any team, the goalies.

We got a good one, Apollo Skye is among the best goalies in the league, perhaps even the best, he can win games on his own. This year Skye is the clear number one, legendary backup goalie, Threencarnacion moved to Davos during off-season, so interesting to see if that has a effect on anything. Apollo is going to be one of the key players for our team again.

Next in line is the defense. Big addition to the blueline is the physical monster, Guntis Petenis. Otherwise the core is the same as last year. Titan Kronoss provides offense, Pavel Komarov plays simple and effective hockey while shutting down other teams top players. Fabio Jokinen is also still there, who I guess could be described as a mix of Petenis, Kronoss and Komarov:  offense, physicality and ability to play defense in a good looking package.

Not sure what the actual pairs will look like, but no matter which way the four players are put, end result is going to be joy to watch for Meute fans!

Last, but surely not least are the forwards. Lukas Muller and Fook Yu are the centers of the team. Lukas is more of a playmaker when Fook Yu is a two-way player who likes to hit everything that moves. Pierre Gaudette and John Locke get to enjoy Muller´s soft dishes, the duo can put the puck in the net from anywhere, so the Lukas- Pierre - John line could very well be on top of scoring charts during this year!

Fook Yu gets Van Hohenzollern and Ak47 on his sides. Van Hohenzollern is a pure goal scorer who can easily break the 40 goal mark this year, AK47 has the ability to shoot as well, so Fook - Van Hohenzollern- Ak47 line can be expected to score, hit and in general play solid two-way hockey. These are obviously just my guesses for the lines, but bit like with defenders, no matter which way you put these 6 guys, a lot of goals will be scored.

Overall I´m excited to see how well this team plays this year, Skye is a great goalie, the defense is really physical, but can make things happen in the offensive end as well and then there is the forwards, solid mix of everything from playmaking and shooting the puck to hitting.

We made the finals last season and I think we got a excellent change to do that again and go all the way to victory!