Claimed: Daring Do Sets Sights on Hits Title

Eggy216

Daring Do Sets Sights on Hits Title

4eed4ea7d67ea0171389ed82e6c148f8.jpg

Daring Do currently sits 3rd in hits with 131 on the season

While linemate Gabriel McAllister has been putting up ridiculous goal scoring numbers throughout the season, Daring Do has lagged behind a bit when it comes to finding the back of the net. But when asked about her relatively low goal total this season (which admittedly is 10th in the VHLM), her reply was simply "I'm not just a one-dimensional player." Asked what she meant by that, she replied "I have linemates who can score better than I can. While I'm a sniper at heart, that doesn't mean that's all I can do out there. Look at Jake and Gabe's numbers - they're 4th and 5th in the league for hits taken. Everyone knows what our line is capable of, and they're going to look to stop us in any way they can. It's my job go out there and stand up for my teammates, to get in the way of the opponents and make them think twice about that check they're planning to lay on one of my teammates. While they go out there and put up the numbers that can help us win games, I'm going to go out there and put up the numbers that keep them on the ice by taking out anyone who gets in their way."

She's done a great job of that this season, with her 131 hits putting her at 3rd in the VHLM and first on the Wild, but she says it's not enough. "There's still two guys in front of me, and I'm not going to stop until there are no guys in front of me. I want everyone around the league to know that I'm there, and if they leave themselves open to a check then they'd better be ready to take one if I'm on the ice. I'm not going to ease up on anyone ever. And you know what, I want that hits title when this season closes. Gabe can have the goal scoring title, I've got a goal of my own in mind."

While it looks doubtful she'll able to take the hits title as she has only one game in hand on Augustus Gloop, whose 186 hits for Yukon lead the league right now, and Rask Rowe of Vegas has three games in hand on her with 160 hits on the year. Either way, it's a good sign for Saskatoon that Daring Do has been putting up such big hits numbers to help keep possession of the puck for her team, and to help keep her teammates on the ice rather than on the team's injured list.