Game Recap; GM 241: Cologne vs Stockholm - More Like ColSuck vs StockKing amiright!?

Devise

Welcome to game recap, where I grab a game and use it as an excuse to earn a bunch of TPE for typing things. POINT TASK FEVER BABY! :P 

In this weeks edition we take a look at GM 241, which featured @BobertZ GM run team....The Cologne Losers. I loved this expansion franchise, but since Robbie has been secretly in charge it's clear they want to run another short bus era. I don't think they got the memo the league barely cares about it's own shit right now, much less whatever the hell this franchise is supposed to be doing. You'll note that this franchise was going to punish @Kendrick and Markus King just because. That was before King was traded to greener pastures over in Riga. That said, let's take a look at how badly the trains got derailed by a properly run VHL team? 

The first period was a wild one, if your a fan of the Stockholm Vikings. The crowd was, as this was played inside The Doom of The Gods. The first period saw Stockholm come out guns blazing, out shooting the Express by 20 to 7 in the first alone. They got three goals on the board too, just to ensure that goalie Verner Von Axelberry didn't have a remotely good save percentage in that first period. It was @Advantage Brock Dragonslayer with the help of fellow Pajdocast alumni Xander Finn getting the big start for the Vikings in the first. Dragonslayer had two goals, with Finn picking up assists on both. The other goal came courtesy of legend Tyson Kohler. 

The second period ended up being basically more of the same. But apparently Cologne was not happy that they got 7 shots on net in the first. That number was too high for them. In the second period they were outshot 24 to 1. That is right. One measly bloody shot on net. So of course Degrath had no problem stopping that scrub shit. But Kohler would truly take over the second period potting two goals, with Alexander Thrower adding a PP goal as well to bring our current score total up to 6-0 at the end of the second. So much hats reportedly fell onto the ice in that second they actually called a train to come pick them up. The Short Bus Express. 

Kohler was not done though. Him and his Vikings continued to pummel on Verner and the Express in the third, out shooting them 22 to 3 in the third period. Meaning the Vikings averaged over 20 shots on net per period in this game. Kohler would seal one more goal, cementing a stellar 4 goal performance and locking up first star of the game no problem. Dragonslayer got the second star, he after all did have 2 goals and assisted on Kohlers 4th in the third. Goalie Rhett Degrath received little love in the media despite popping an easy shutout and adding a goalie assist for his troubles. 

Analysis: Cologne sucks monkey balls. They are "rebuilding" I think? I don't know. They haven't had much of a roster for a while now, and either they are trying to push themselves well into the future or we can enjoy games like this for the foreseeable future. Going into this game you'd expect a result like this, you get a result like this, and all in all your happy with a result like this. I think the big story for me here is seeing players like Finn and Dragonslayer do some damage. Kohler is still obviously a stud, and Lee King Snatch had a solid game as well. But the younger names on Stockholm notably Dragonslayer have been struggling off and on this season. So to have him come out and just make that statement early in the first, I think it set the tempo for the entire game.