Louth and Denning Interview

Beaviss

Reporter Questions to Denning(RW) :ott:

1. Denning, what influenced your decision to sign with the Aces last season? You were then drafted by the Aces and immediately traded, have you spoke to the GM about that, do you know what happened?

I was just excited to get going with pro hockey, the Aces were the first team to offer me a deal. My old team mate, Louth, also was playing for them at the time, so I gave him a call and asked him about the team. He had nothing but good things to say. I think it made me more comfortable, on and off the ice, to have a familiar face around too.

Yeah, we talked a little bit about that. I think it was something the two GMs (Las Vegas and Ottawa) had worked out on the draft floor and it was a better fit for both teams. I had a great time with the Aces on our run to the finals, but I'm happy to be with Ottawa now.

2. Denning even though your playing with two of the best players in the VHLM why are you not putting up points?

There are a lot of incredible players on that team, all of our d-men are out standing and we have some skill up front too. Yeah, I'm not really happy with my production right now, I'm not meeting the standard I set for myself. I just have to keep doing the little things right, getting shots on net, and listening to my coaches and the leaders on the team and the points will come.

3. Has not playing with Louth hurt your production?

Probably, he can always put the puck right on my stick anywhere in the offensive zone. And look at how he's scoring this year, I think anyone would get a little boost playing with him

Reporter Questions to Louth(D) :ssk:

1) You've really stormed into the season this year, what do you attribute most to your success? Was you off season preparation any different leading up to S56?

Well when the contract offer from The Vegas Aces came through late last season the General Manager needed to solidify their back end offensively.

I made it my goal this off season to really work on my shot and my passing which seems to be translating onto the ice this season. The main reason I believe I have had success this year is mostly the shock from being picked in the last pick in the second round of the VHLM entry draft. I really had hopes of going higher but I guess some of the GM's didn't like something about my game.

2) You've taken the VHLM scoring lead and are holding it. Is that something you pay attention to? Does it mean anything to you to be on top?

Being on the Saskatoon Wild really opened my eyes to what I could do offensively if I just put the work in. Having the scoring lead has really fired me up as it shows what the work you put in over the off season is everything. Hopefully my play can continue this pace and I can keep the lead till the end of the season. As a defenceman wining the scoring race would really improve my draft stock as I'm NOT going to be a second round pick next time around.

3) There's a lot of buzz around you for the S57 draft, what would it mean to you to be selected 1st overall?

This draft could be one for the ages. Being selected first overall would be dream come true. I think it is unlikely, Keller probably has that spot down. He's just so good overall I don't think someone will pass on a generational talent like that. I'm just aiming for a top 5 pick as this point.

Joint Article by @Beaviss and @jvd

Edited by Beaviss