Breakdown - Seattle's recent deals (1/2)

Banackock

Breakdown-TC-1.jpg

GM Campbell breaks down his recent deals.

During the off-season as pretty much every other team was making moves, the Seattle Bears organization was sitting tight. It wasn't because they necessarily wanted to, they just couldn't seem to find a partner to trade with. When asked earlier in the off-season what his plan was walking in, GM Blake Campbell stated, " We're looking to match our asset needs with someone who we can match with. If this doesn't happen, they and you know very well we have no issue holding tight until the right deal comes along". It seems as though that wait is finally over for the Seattle Bears. Well over half way gone in the regular season and the trade deadline approaching quickly, the Seattle Bears have desired the gun off not once, but twice in the last couple days. The first of their deals has them bringing in a starter goalie that will allow Key Perought to grow and such (not to mention decent security) and the second deal seen the Seattle Bears trading a low valued pick for a similar valued defender who had struggled and not shown any sign of promise. Following the trades, we approached Bears GM Blake Campbell to see if we could get a little breakdown and he delivered. 

:sto:STO/SEA :sea:- S57 SEA 2nd and Akerfeldt (G) for Mist4ke (G) @Strtlght

2015-03-21_20_35_20.0.gif

This deal had been planned a couple weeks ahead when GM Campbell approached the Stockholm Vikings regarding the struggling goalie. After a short period of talks, Stockholm gave permission to Campbell to speak with Mist4ke. While speaking with Mist4ke, the Vikings GM was present at all times and took part in said discussion. After coming to the agreement on the S57 2nd, the deal was all said and done. The idea was to wait a while to let both Seattle picks fall to better spots in the draft. As days passed from the talks, Seattle grow antsy. Then, they approached Cologne to see what the price was on Vernon Von Axelberry. Eventually, they came to the conclusion that a 2nd was good enough, and once again, Seattle wanted to speak to the player regarding contract terms (GM was also present in these talks). VVA and Campbell agreed to terms and following that Express GM asked for a 1st rounder. At that moment, the deal fell apart extremely quick. About 10 minutes after the dealing falling through, the Seattle/Stockholm deal was posted to the VHL's site and was signed up.

End result: We'd say it's a good deal for Seattle. Key Perought seems to be hit and miss, however, is making strong strides the last couple weeks and is showing a little stronger activity. While this is great for Seattle, adding a strong goalie who still has tons of time left in his career doesn't hurt. It's a plan A, allowing Perought to grow and be plan B for the time being. Additionally, now a pick doesn't need to be used in any draft or future trade (goalie market is nice and low right now).

:sea:SEA/COL:col: - S57 SEA 3rd for Prospect Augustus Gloop (D)

sorryricky.gif

If not mistaken, these talks and happened a couple weeks back, however, never ended up going anywhere. Generally, the Cologne GM wanted way too much for the players and overvalued them. Of course, I took this as him joking and poking fun in the deals. Trying to cause friction maybe. So we shut down the deals on there. Then when the VVA deal was being talked over, I think Seattle brought up a 3rd for Augustus - which later got shut down and Cologne seemed adamant on somehow earning our 1st. After the Vernon Von Axelberry deal fell through, GM Campbell was notified on his cell phone. It was a league notification saying that his team had been involved in a  trade with the Express, however, he never recalled agreeing to anything. Sort of funny, Campbell thought it was a VVA deal being posted. Luckily, it was an Augustuc Gloop for 3rd.

End Results: We'd say Seattle heavily won this for the time being. Gloop has returned to activity and word on the street is that he's coming back with some motivation. Seattle dealt for Gloop and had tried to because the player agent, @evrydayimbyfuglien, has previous history with Seattle's GM. Campbell thought that he would be able to speak to Gloop and bring his player back into training and growing as a prospect. Sure enough, Gloop completed his Rookie Report (8 TPE), Biography (10 TPE) and VHL.com (1 TPE) today. On top of that, Gloop has been talking lots with Campbell and things are looking promising for the young defender. 

12 TPE - Final Double week donations (2/2) -- Forsberg

For the Week of September 4th to September 10th (which is 34 minutes away)

REVIEW:

I agree that these were a couple of decent trades for the Bears. That S57 SEA 2nd may still be able to get a decent prospect with the overall strength of this draft, but if I remember correctly Mist4ke is a pretty decent tender, so this may be a win-win for both teams. Trade for Gloop is a win-win for both the Bears and the VHL as a whole, as it's always good to see a member return to the league. Oddly enough, I was part of a similar trade when I was on my first player, as I was either traded to Seattle or went there as an inactive free agent, and was shortly whisked away to Cologne where @Kendrick and @ADV brought me back to activity.

• Fire Tortorella changed the title to Breakdown - Seattle's recent deals (1/2)