NA Round 1 Preview

scoop

Regular Season

image.png.e38500fb336406e55852511c22660ccb.png

Head-to-head

image.png.45fe9f0470963ac2280b249864c6e6f2.png

The Toronto Legion and Calgary Wranglers will be playing for the right to lose to Quebec in the Conference Finals. The gap in their records and goals scored for the season suggest that Toronto is heavily favored to win, but their head-to-head matchup indicates otherwise. These two teams have played each other close, both with four wins and just one goal being the difference between them. For the most part, the games have been relatively low scoring, with their being a couple standouts (a 5-2 win for Toronto and a 4-2 win for Calgary). Calgary won the most recent contest between these two, that being the final game they each played in the regular season. In that game, CGY G1 was starting as opposed to Jacob, which is a bad sign for Toronto.

I don't believe either of these teams will have a chance against Quebec. Although Toronto is actually closer to Quebec in terms of points than Calgary is to Toronto, I think this will be a closer matchup than a Quebec vs Toronto series would be. I do expect Toronto to win, but if Jacob and Marc-Alexander LeBlanc can get hot, Calgary does stand a chance.

for mist4ke