Verner Finally Speaks

Devise

After being a bit vocal during much of his VHLM career, Toronto Legion Captain Verner Reinholdt has had a relatively quiet S56 season. While he kept pace offensively, there wasn't as much of a spark as I think some fans were hoping. Reinholdt finally talked to the media following the teams elimination loss to the Calgary Wranglers, and end of the season. He had a lot on his mind and was very bold. 

We are better than this. Simple as that. I know I've been more quiet this past season, it's just been a lot to take in. I know wearing this C on my chest isn't just a privilege it's also a responsibility. The guys out there depend on me to continue to stand up when we need to stand up. And while I think my play on the ice has gone alright, I think I have a lot more to give. It was a lot to take in, being Captain, and committing to this franchise. But Season 57 is going to be the year of Verner Reinholdt, Dexter Lane, Roman Sokolov, Bo Boeser, Torstein Ironside....this core here. We are ready to truly take the next step, and not just dominate a regular season but also push deep in the playoffs. As a group following the loss here and everything that happened this season, we all collectively came together and recognized that we have to do better. I have to be better. And in Season 57, we will be.