McAllister Starting to Hit?

CowboyinAmerica

image.jpeg.d4478609df4153cc8fee110294fc5367.jpeg

Seattle - For years, Seattle Bears winger Gabriel McAllister has been known as a stick handler rather than someone who would put a should into you. With no work put into his checking ability whatsoever, McAllister was among the last in the league in hits all throughout college and the VHLM, and now in his rookie season with the Seattle Bears. The idea simply never appealed to him.

Now, however, that may be changing. McAllister has been spotted working with coaches on his checking ability, much to the surprise of many local reporters. A number of fans on Twitter have also noted his muscles during appearances during these playoffs, leading to speculation he has spent time in the weight room to increase his strength.

When asked directly, McAllister was coy about the changes. He did, however, note that he felt he could contribute to his game in new ways heading into next season. "I'm ready to take that next step, and that means changing up my training routine," McAllister said. "I think you guys will be shocked by what I can do out there on the ice next season."

For certain, a number of people were already surprised by his play this season. McAllister's 43 goals and 89 points had him leading all rookies in both categories, and he figures to be the centerpiece of the Seattle offense for years to come.