Ay Ay Ron reflects on his first "cupless" season

boubabi

Image result for aaron ekblad interview

After a difficult lost to the Dynamo in game 7, Ay Ay Ron had time to suck it up and prepare himself for his sophomore season in Helsinki. 
"This season wasn't easy. The transition from junior to the pro is not an easy one, but I learned every day" Running the power play all of his career, he had less of an offensive upside this season as he only scored 10 goals and 32 points in 72 games. "It wasn't easy. Even though I like to see my team win, it's always an extra motivation to see yourself on the score sheet, but I got to help my team no matter what, even if it's not on the score sheet."

During the season, he trained multiple area and focused on being a complete player no matter what situation he was used to. We asked him if he wanted to focus on a precise skill next season and before the training camp. 

"We had a good group of forward on the PP, but the opposing team had more and more focus on those guys instead of the blue line, which made their job even more difficult. I want to be a threat on the PP so the team can play a proper box and not double team Axelsson or Cornerstone all the time. This summer, I've worked with Niklas Lindberg, who helped me a lot on the PP. As a right handed D, I feel like I could do better offensively, and that will be my focus for the upcoming season.

A word for your teammate Cornerstone who had an amazing season individually ?

"He's a lock for MVP, enough said"

HE SAID IT, NOT ME.

Okai bye