Claimed: What to do with Brodeur? [1/2]

TheLastOlympian07

Shawn Brodeur thought he was coming into the league at a good time and he has a fair amount of TPE but it seems like there will be no place for Brodeur in the VHL unless it is at back up and he bides his time. Let's take a look at the teams in the VHL and their current goaltender situation.

Calgary Wranglers: (S53) Jacob 633 TPE, (S56) Brienne O'Tarth 109 TPE

Well Jacob is the number one here and he is just going to be entering his 5th season in the VHL next season in S57. I mean if Brodeur gets drafted here and waits a season or two he should be ready to be a starter if Calgary decides to move on from Jacob via trade or if he leaves via free agency. It will be a situation to watch although, I can't really imagine Jacob leaving though so Calgary might not be in the running for Brodeur.

New York Americans: (S49) Ilya Kopralkov 536 TPE, (S57) Ike Arkander 206 TPE

Kopralkov is going to be retiring after this season is over so it looks like New York would be a great spot to land. However, the GM already has ties to Ike Arkander who is playing for the Ottawa Lynx of the VHLM and he will be the starting goaltender of the future for New York so New York has no interest in Brodeur.

Quebec City Meute: (S51) Apollo Skye 862 TPE

Quebec is an interesting situation with Skye entering his 7th season next year it seems that he is coming to the end of his wonderful career and if Brodeur would bide his time as a backup for a year or two he would be able to step right into a starting job one Skye retires whenever that may be. Also maybe due to cap reasons maybe the Meute try to trade Skye? Who knows it would be interesting to watch but Quebec is definitely in the running for Brodeur.

Seattle Bears: (S53) mist4ke 547 TPE, (S55) Key Perought 255 TPE

Seattle is much like Calgary with a goalie from Season 53 and another from Season 55 and both have more than Brodeur for now. mist4ke is around that sweet spot of 550 TPE and should be a nice starting goalie so it wouldn't make sense for Seattle to draft me unless they want to move on from mist4ke but that also leave Perought in the picture who has been spotty with practicing in the last season or so. So Seattle might be interested? maybe they just draft me and hold me hostage and try to extract some value and be that asshole. The GM is known for being like that but hey whatever floats you boat.

Torono Legion: (S54) Torstein Ironside 550 TPE

The Legion also have a goalie that is linked to the GM and will have no interest in Brodeur.

Cologne Express: (S52) Edwin Threenarnacion 605 TPE, (S49) Thomas Smith 30 TPE

Cologne is a interesting possibility as Threencarnacion has disappeared from practice and will be entering his 6th season in S57 and he wants to be played as a backup unless he retires soon which I can't remember what he said. However, Express would need a goalie who can start a everynight save for a few fro the backup. Doing this for a season or two won't hurt my feelings and as long as I get to start everyday down the line I could come here and share the new with Edwin. 

HC Davos Dynamo: (S52) Rhett DeGrath 830 TPE, (S58 Burger King 30 TPE

It was just announced today that Burger King would be the starting goalie of the future for Davos and will have no interest in drafting Brodeur. 

Helsinki Titans: (S53) Astrid Moon 631 TPE

Moon would just be entering his 5th season come Season 57 and Helsinki might be looking to the future if they select Broduer although, that might not be the case as Moon as backstopped the Titans to back to back Continental Cups and the team will look to make another run next season to make it 3 cups in 4 seasons. So it is not likely that Helsinki drafts Brodeur for the long run unless they decide to move on from Moon in a season or two.

Riga Reign: (S52) M.T Power 523 TPE, (S54) Markus King 668)

With two quality goalies and the player who has the most TPE from the S54 class, there is no way Riga draft Brodeur and will let him slide because they have the next top goalie in King who will be one of the best for the rest of his career.

Stockholm Vikings: (S50) Joanna Akerfeldt 149 TPE, (S54) Vernon von Axelberry 404 TPE, (S57) Norris Kensington 200 TPE

The Vikings are another interesting team as V2A has no interest of playing for Stockholm so this might open up a spot for Broduer to come in and play his career out in Stockholm. If V2A changes his mind though and comes to play why would the Vikings need Brodeur? It would make sense for Stockholm to draft him and find out what he does later and move on from V2A if he decides to not play for the Vikings. I just remembered that they have Kensington in the pipeline but rumors have it that he might retire.

Verdict:

It seems the obvious places to go would be to Quebec who will have 9th or 10th overall and being the back up for a season or two before Skye retires. Next would be Cologne who has Edwin but he has gone AWOL from practice and he intends to retire soon. However, Cologne has one draft pick and that is the lottery pick unless I am missing something they might have another mid 1st rounder to select Brodeur. Third would be Stockholm who has V2A but he has no intention of playing for this team. So Stockholm might have to use a 1st rounder on Brodeur unless they take Kensington. So really there are only 2 MAYBE 3 teams Brodeur can go and only 1 place can give him full starting duty while in one he would have t bide his time. It doesn't phase me though so it will be interesting come draft time.

CLAIMING FOR THE WEEKS OF:

Sept 25

Oct 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Claimed: What to do with Brodeur? [1/2]