Müller Wins First Cup, Commits Long-Term

solas

Season 56 was a big year for Lukas Müller and the Quebec City Meute.  After an incredibly impressive season from the German center with a league lead in assists and points, the Meute capped off a Victory Cup and North American Conference-winning season by defeating HC Davos Dynamo in a climactic seven-game series.  Despite elite goaltenders on both sides, the entire series was an impressive offensive outburst from both teams finishing with a 5-3 Quebec victory.  

Shortly after the cup celebrations came to a close, more good news came for Quebec fans.  In a post-game press conference, Müller announced that he had come to an agreement with Meute management on a four-year, $18 million extension (with a no-trade clause) that would keep him in Quebec for the rest of his career.  It’s a surprising move and a big turnaround from the kind of person people had expected Müller to be - reports of a bad attitude and narcissism were abound, but he seems to have matured since first being drafted.  “I feel like Quebec is the best place for my talents,” Müller said after the Game 7 victory.  “With the way I play, and the way everyone else plays, I can really see myself staying here for a long time.  Especially after this cup.”