End of Season Interview (Louth) [1/2]

Beaviss

While the season and playoffs are officially over this reporter had a chance to sit down with the Defenceman of the Quebec Meute, Keaton Louth. Hello Louth and thanks for doing this its always nice to get a little bit of insight into what the players frame of mind is after a successful season. We will start the interview off with an easy question.

Q. The Meute went into the playoffs first in North America how did the Meute do so well in such a tough Conference?

A. I only have to say one name, Apollo Skye. Its an amazing feeling have a goaltender that solid behind you it made me feel that I could jump up on the rush and not pay for it after. Without Skye we might not even made the playoffs let alone make the Cup Finals.

Q. Coming into the season as the #4 pick must have felt great did you accomplish all of your goals this season?

A. That is a great question... Lets just say I didn't feel like I was contributing enough on the offensive side of the ice. During the season coach wanted me to play a more defensively solid game as in the VHLM I was stacking up the points but I wasn't solid enough. During the season I steadily increased my foot speed and the checking came with it. Hopefully next season I can crack the top 50 in points that's a real goal of mine.

Q. Some reporters have you missing practice the last little while care to explain?

A. That is true i have been slacking when it comes to practice but I do have a good reason...

My mother has been ill after she had her surgery and in between games I have been taking care of her. Now that she is doing better ill have more time for the gym and practices. Hopefully with her condition off my mind I can finally put some hard work into my offensive game. Looks like ill be shooting pucks at the net all summer.

I believe we have time for one last question.

Q. What are your thoughts on the potential decrease in teams this year? What happens if the Meute are one of those Team's?

A. There have been some rumors that the league may be facing a reduction in teams and im assuming that means that could be any team. That being said if the Meute are getting scratched and im also assuming that there would be a draft for the players from Quebec im happy to say I would gladly at least play out the rest of my contract with any team that picks me up. That being said my loyalty lies with Quebec and if that does happen id have to see where I end up.

Thanks for doing this Louth good luck with the off season and good luck next season!