I am Worst

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for seattle post intelligencer

Seattle (AP) -- Watching the yearly VHL awards ceremony was tough for Seattle forward Gabriel McAllister. Every year since turning professional, McAllister had won at least one award each season, be it Playoff MVP (S54) or regular MVP (S55) in the VHLM, or Rookie of the Year (S56) in the VHL. This season though, while McAllister was an All-Star, he wasn't quite good enough to be in any awards talks.

"I know that I'm a young guy, and my best years are ahead. But that still doesn't mean that I can't be doing better," McAllister told reporters over the offseason. "I have the highest expectations for myself and my team. I can't see being any other way."

With that in mind, Season 57 was overall a failure for Gabriel McAllister. Season 58 seems to be looking up, though, with the young forward forming a formidable first line alongside Fook Yu and new center Shawn Gretzky. Rather than stealing the spotlight from one another, McAllister believes that the three forwards with over 600 TPE - not to mention recently arrived star defenseman Fabio Jokinen - will complement each other's skills.

"This will be the best season of my career - believe that," McAllister said. "Riga and Toronto seem to be getting all the championship buzz. But I don't mind being slept on; it'll make it more fun when we come from nowhere."