Goon on his VHLM experience

VHLwhat

Goon on his VHLM experience

image.png.7affb448332a248506551065c7a75086.png

Saskatoon fans might barely know the name of Billy von Goon, a “defenseman” for the Wild but more like the team’s hitman. A player who nobody expects to record a single point all season but be in the top end of penalty minutes. When someone get in a dirty shot against another Wild player or is just too damn good for them not to get hit hard, that’s when the coaching staff calls on von Goon to be the enforcer. We thought we would ask him about his experience a few games into his VHLM career and his thoughts on his play.

It’s cool being in the VHLM… I mean I know I like to hit people and that has a certain value. Hopefully it won’t be something I lose as this coaching staff tries to teach me real hockey skills. I figure I’m about to get paid for playing hockey so I guess I can actually learn some things instead of just looking for people to crush into the boards. It’ll take me a lot of time to figure out how to actually play some hockey but I think that with the continued work of the coaching staff, they might make me a solid defenseman when it’s all said and done.