Notes From the Road: Johannes Vilhjalmsson

MWHazard

players-tribune-logo.jpeg?w=670&h=377&cr

NOTES FROM THE ROAD / JOHANNES VILHJALMSSON / CENTER

It's deadline day. I am not looking forward to it, to be honest. I am wondering about whether I will get to stay with Jonas and Jakub much longer. We have done our best in Ottawa so far, but we sit at the bottom of the table today. I know we are in talks. Ultimately, I will play wherever Jonas and Jakub are. We are one unit on the ice, working towards the goal. We try to act as one entity. I know many see us as too late to this place. We came after the draft, after the power structure took shape. We have not upset that power structure, that is for certain. Our line goes out each night looking to show that we have that ability, to create and execute as one unit. We do well at that some nights. I am anxious at the thought of us being split up. It is not because I can not play with others. Of course I can. I do that every night with our defensemen. It is more that I wish to share my journey with them. I miss home sometimes, but my brothers are the home I have while I am on this side of the world.