McAllister Earns Surprise ASG Nod

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for seattle post intelligencer

Seattle -- This season was expected to be a breakout one for Gabriel McAllister. Last season, he was in the MVP conversation until the final weeks of the season, and this year, many expected him to take the next step. However, a step back was what he saw, not topping either 40 goals or assists in an all-around poor season.

In fact, heading into All-Star voting, McAllister wasn't expecting much. But in the end, McAllister did indeed make his third ASG - barely. McAllister was the dead last forward named to the squad, 12th out of 12, and he felt he was lucky to get even that.

Still, when McAllister takes the ice for Team Beaviss next weekend, he expects to come out firing. "I know I've got the skill. And even if it didn't come together for me this season, I have to break through sometime, right?" McAllister said. "I'm just glad I did well enough to be recognized."

Others still see the possibilities as well - in fact, McAllister was the second player selected to the Beaviss squad. Will this be the beginning of a turnaround? Only time will tell, but it'd be good timing with the VHL playoffs and a tough matchup against the Riga Reign imminent.

McAllister is having a bad season but he’s still a top player in the VHL. He deserves to be on Team Beaviss and that’s why I picked him so highly.