Name: Andrew Sorensen
Position: Right Wing
Current Team: None
Number: 11
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180 Lbs.
Born: Orlando, Florida, USA

Childhood
Sorensen was born in Florida but his family moved to Minnesota when his mother got a job transfer to manage a small town hospital when he learned the game of hockey at a young age and excelled in his youth league where he developed a reputation at a young age for his mature hockey IQ. However, Andrew's play got to a point where he outgrew his small town league and he made the tough decision to leave home and move three hours away to live with a billet family and play high school hockey in suburban Minneapolis. 

High School Hockey

When Andrew first arrived at Minnesota prep power Benilde-St. Margarets, he was the proverbial small fish in a big pond progressively moving from the junior varsity team up to varsity winning a state title when he was a sophomore. Andrew's time at Benilde also saw him mature his offensive game to mold himself into a true two-way forward. Andrew committed to play college hockey at Princeton, but has stated publicly that if his VHL dreams can come true that he will skip college in order to pursue them.

20120310__benile_besse_300.jpg

Sorensen celebrating after a goal during his senior year.

Current
Even though the overall perception of Minnesota high school hockey has fallen in the past several years, Sorensen proves that there are still quality prospects available in "The State of Hockey". With that said, he still has to polish his overall game to become an impact player in the VHL.

Player Review

Pros

Hockey Sense: Andrew's hockey nickname in high school was "The General" for good reason. He anticipates and sets up plays for his teammates, leading the state high school league in assists in his junior and senior seasons. Sorensen is also known for having a great sense of detail on the ice: He quickly learns the intricacies of the opposition from how the goalie moves his glove to how to exploit matchups in all three zones of the rink. 

Leadership: Andrew isn't the most vocal player on the ice, but he often leads by example not only on the ice with his play and his constant studying of the game but off as class valedictorian and partaking in many off-ice volunteer opportunities.

Passing: Several unnamed NCAA and VHL scouts have commented on Andrew's passing that sometimes it seems his passes seem laser guided. This has not only helped in his draft stock, but also makes him one of the more attractive passers in this VHL draft class.

Cons

Defense: In Andrew's defense, he has stepped up his defensive play greatly since coming to Benilde, but in many people's eyes it is still a liability. However, its anticipated that won't hold Sorensen back too much.

Injuries: Sorensen has battled injuries throughout his high school career, from the occasional flu bug to missing most of his junior season after breaking his leg. This has been Sorensen's biggest question mark so far as many scouts wonder if his body can hold up to the demands of VHL play.

Consistency: One night Andrew will have a hat trick and dominate in all zones, the next Andrew looks like he's treading water with his play. Some attribute this to plain boredom, while others wonder if there's further holes in his game yet to be found.

This is a great start so far. I know this is your first point task in the league, so I wouldn't expect you to know this, because biographies are worth a max of 10 TPE, more work is needed in order to get the full 10 points. Your childhood and high school hockey sections are good, but I'd expand on them a little more in order to get full points.

• 2 weeks later...

Overview: 2.75/3 - I took some points off because I felt like it was a little short. It must have been a tough decision for Andrew to leave his family to further his hockey career. It's cool that he could have played at Princeton if the VHL didn't work out. Your writing skills seem pretty good, hopefully you come back here and become active again because I think you definitely could become a good 2 way forward if you want. 

Grammar: 2/2 - A few mistakes.

Sorensen was born in Florida but his family moved to Minnesota when his mother got a job transfer to manage a small town hospital when he learned the game of hockey at a young age and excelled in his youth league where he developed a reputation at a young age for his mature hockey IQ.  = Run on sentence

its anticipated that = it's anticipated that 

there's further holes in his game = there are further holes in his game 

Pros: 1/2 - Under 200 words and under 3 sentences for each one.

Cons: 1/2 -Under 200 words and under 3 sentences for each one.

Overall: 7.75/10

Edited by eaglesfan036

Overview: 2/3 - I know this is your first point task, but this is really short for a biography. It was an interesting read, but there just wasn't enough content to warrant full points here. 

Grammar: 2/2 - Eaglesfan got them.

Appearance: 1/1 - Yup.

Pros: 1/2 - As Eaglesfan said, not long enough, nor enough substance

Cons: 1/2 - Same as Pros

Overall: 7/10

FINAL: 7/10