Ryuu Crimson on his first goal and more [1/2]

Ryuu Crimson on his first goal and more

SASKATOON-Ryuu Crimson scored his first goal against the Las Vegas Aces, which was Game 81 of the 61st season. It was the first goal by the Saskatoon Wild that game. "I felt great, and it was so awesome to hear the goal horn and to hear my name being announced. The croud went well....wild!"

This was his first goal in the VHLM and his second point in the VHLM. He is training double time to score goals. "I honestly did not expect that goal to get in, I thought it was gonna be saved like every other shot."

The Left-Winger isn't known for scoring goals, and this could very well be one of his most important moments in his career yet. "Now that I know that I can do it, I'm gonna work on it as hard as I can."

He also witnessed fellow linemate Dylan Nyugen get goals, to which he reacted, "He's doing great and is doing better than ever. He is a good two way defensemen and definitely an All-Star. Kevin is also doing well, despite the losses he is really good between the pipes."

This is also a pretty interesting story about him, the story is about why he wears number 18. "I had a teammate named Robert King, who was my best friend and the most awesome player ever. It was like he danced with the puck. We were awesome friends, talking to each other all the time, practicing, and just hanging out." Notice the use of was and were. That begs the question what happened. "One night we were driving home from a game and we were hit by a drunk driver. It hit his side pretty badly. Glass cut him everyone and then mayhem just happened. Since we were on a highway, more cars piled up and we were thrown everywhere. We managed to get out, but Robert was trapped under the car, being squished to death. They got him out, brought him to the hospital, but it was too late. I remember feeling all life drain from me as they announced his death. The driver was arrested and we had the funeral. He was one of the many casualties that night."

And Ryuu continued, "So we retired his number, 18, in honour of him. When I played for another team, I decided to take the number 18 instead of 12, which I usually used."

After that tragic accident, Ryuu didn't play 1 season due to injuries, but then joined the Broncos donning the number of King, 18.

"I'm really thankful I am alive. After the whole ordeal, I made a promise to work hard as if it was my last day." Ryuu said. "Because for all you know, it really could be."

• 5 weeks later...
  • DollarAndADream changed the title to Ryuu Crimson on his first goal and more [1/2]