Controversy in the Oslo-Ottawa series

jRuutu

S61 VHLM playoffs are currently going on and as you can maybe guess, it would not be proper playoffs if there was not something that keeps people talking. This time around perhaps the biggest attention has gone to Ottawa and their lines. Apparently after game one something happened and Ottawa played games two, three and four with different setup. I could not get a comment from the league officials or anyone from Ottawa mainly because I did not ask from them, but I did manage to talk with Rauno Palo from Oslo, he was a key player in the game two that ended in Oslo´s 4-3 victory.

This is what Rauno said about the whole case:

Yea, you know it´s interesting that now all of a sudden talks about lines come up, in the game of hockey changes in lines happen even during the game, so I don´t know what the big deal is to be honest. Maybe they are just shocked, after all they have just witnessed something amazing - they saw me, Rauno Palo score two goals that were perhaps the top-2 goals you will see in this years playoffs. Why focus on the negatives and lines when you could focus on the positives and my goals? That is all I have to say about it for now, lets wait and see what happens and if the league will look into it. One thing is for sure, if we are forced to play these games again and my goals are removed from history - I will be hella mad.

I did lines in the client file and the "copy to all days" button was grayed out. I mentioned that in the email where I sent the lines, saying that I wasn't sure it would carry over, but if it did, I wanted the backup to play game 3. It didn't carry over. The backup played game 3, so I know the message was received, but it's probably unreasonable to expect them to put in my lines to match what I sent if STHS didn't carry them over appropriately. So it's not really anyone's "fault" per se, but just STHS being weird. It sucks for my guys, they deserved a full series (especially Fong, who just got into the team right before playoffs started) but there isn't really someone to blame for the matter, just a weird quirk of technology.

As far as "what the big deal is" I assume that part was just you as the character, and you actually get why it's a big deal that one of my best players barely played. Still though, not blaming anyone, just weird is all.

Edited by diamond_ace

11 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

I did lines in the client file and the "copy to all days" button was grayed out. I mentioned that in the email where I sent the lines, saying that I wasn't sure it would carry over, but if it did, I wanted the backup to play game 3. It didn't carry over. The backup played game 3, so I know the message was received, but it's probably unreasonable to expect them to put in my lines to match what I sent if STHS didn't carry them over appropriately. So it's not really anyone's "fault" per se, but just STHS being weird. It sucks for my guys, they deserved a full series (especially Fong, who just got into the team right before playoffs started) but there isn't really someone to blame for the matter, just a weird quirk of technology.

As far as "what the big deal is" I assume that part was just you as the character, and you actually get why it's a big deal that one of my best players barely played. Still though, not blaming anyone, just weird is all.

I understand and in all honesty, I would be annoyed as hell if for whatever reason something like that happened to the team i'm playing on.