Nano Starts his First Full Season of Pro Hockey [1/2]

leafsman

Paolo Nano entered  completed his first ever training camp last week with Riga Reign after being drafted by the team in the third round, 19th overall.   “It was such an honour to be drafted by the reign in the third round. I hope to make the team as soon as possible and will work extremely hard this year to try make that a reality next year. I had a great time at training camp and learned alot.”  Nano went through the typical rookie camp process where they teach prospects on how to be a Pro. Players are shown things like how to properly fuel their bodies on game days and how vital it is for players to take care of their bodies.  Long gone are the days were players showed up to camp out of shape and used the camp as a way to get their bodies physically ready for the long season ahead.

Nano was the first name called by the Oslo Storm in the Season 61 VHLM Draft going 18th overall.   “I am very excited to have joined the defending champs. They have proven last season that they are a great franchise and I welcome the chance to defend the title.  Teams always want to take out the reigning title holders and that will only help motivate me to bring my A game every single night.  I went 19th overall in the VHL draft so things are improving for me " said Nano with a grin.

The Storm are the opposite of Nano’s former VHL team the Saskatoon Wild who finished in the basement last year.    Nano played a total of 28 games in his short stint with the Wild last year. Its always difficult to join a struggling team midway through the season but Nano made the most of it as it allowed him to get some playing time that he may not have received with a better team.   “The constant losing made for a long season for a lot of the guys. I only played 28 games but I am thankful to the Wild for giving me the chance to start my VHLM Career. There are some great guys on that team and I wish them all the best this season when they play the rest of the league but I hope we crush them every game.” said Nano.

Nano used the off season to work on his skating and passing ability.   “ I know that in today's game you need to be able to skate so that was my main area of focus in the offseason.   I feel much quicker than I did at the end of the last season but I still need to improve that area of the game. Nano also spent some time working on his offensive ability.  “My goal this season is to become more involved in the attack. Last year I only scored one goal and although I look to pass more than shoot, that's something that I need to work on if I want to be getting minutes on the Power Play.  My goal this season is to try and develop a better shot from the point so that I can open up more space for my teammates as the forwards won't be able to collapse down low knowing that I can’t shoot at all.

The new season is finally here and it will be interesting to follow the progress of Nano as he begins his first full season as a professional hockey player.

• 3 weeks later...

Review:

Ey! Another Reign player! Good media spot! I know the Saskatoon Wild sucked that season, because I was on it, but they were doing okay this season. The spacing is a bit off, but then again it happens to me sometimes, and the bold is a bit overwhelming. But good media spot!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Nano Starts his First Full Season of Pro Hockey [1/2]