Welcome to Halifax Ryuu! [1/2]

SlapshotWrangler

Halifax-The deal was made. Nobody expected it. Not even Halifax itself. The 21st just made the biggest deal of the season. Everyone was surprised that it was accepted by Saskatoon. "Even Gooning wouldn't be that crazy." But it happened. The Victory Hockey League Minors world was shocked. In fact, the whole hockey world was.

What was this deal? The deal was that the Saskatoon Wild would get the Season 63 1st Overall Pick, the Season 63 2nd Overall Pick, and the Season 64 2nd Overall Pick, but Halifax would get Dylan Nguyen, and his best friend, Ryuu Crimson. Nobody in Halifax could believe it, the Wild's All-Star Defensemen and the 1st Overall Pick was coming to Halifax.

"Honestly, I couldn't believe it at first. I thought that I wasn't leaving Saskatoon. But hey, weird stuff happens all the time. I'm going to miss Saskatoon, the Wild, but hey, Halifax is a great team as well. It would be an honour to be part of their history. I talked to the GM. I might go to 2nd line but that's fine. This will be an exciting first journey for Halifax and I hope to contribute to it."

We asked him more about the trade and how he reacted. "When I first heard about it I thought, 'no way, this isn't happening'. But then I got a call saying I was a 21st, and boom. Here I am wearing this sweater."

Before the news of his trade, he was at a press conference after a game. He was asked by one reporter about the rumours and he said he didn't think it would happen. "I was asked that if I was traded, what team I would like to be on. I said Halifax. A few minutes later, Halifax calls me and says I'm with them. Saskatoon texts me that I was traded. I was sad at first, but then when I heard that Dylan was coming, I thought, 'eh, won't be as bad with Dylan here'."

Ryuu Crimson has formed a bond with 2nd line defensemen, Shawn Glade, who was drafted to Riga alongside Crimson. But now, their bond will become stronger as now they are together not only in the Victory Hockey League, but in the Victory Hockey League Minors. "Shawn Glade is a great buddy and, other than Dylan Nguyen, is the best defensemen in the league in my opinion. Of course, he's only on the second line, but still, he is one of the league's top scorers despite being a defensemen and he is on fire right now."

Here are the top achievements Crimson and Nguyen have:
-Ryuu Crimson was the first overall pick in the VHLM
-Dylan Nguyen was the 2nd pick of the Riga, 7th overall in the VHL Draft.

Ryuu Crimson flew in a week ago and is ready to play some games. "I mean, sure, I'm sad that I have to leave my team, and leave Kevin, Andersen, the other dudes. But it's a brand new start."

"Another second chance never hurt anyone."