Montgomery, a Defensive Forward?

BarzalGoat

Dan Montgomery has had a solid rookie campaign so far for the rebuilding Helsinki Titans. Playing top line minutes alongside fellow Yukon Rush Alumni Konstantin Mulligan, he's been able to post 19 Goals and 16 Assists, to accompany his 74 Hits and 61 Shots Blocked. You might be thinking, "Gee Wilikers! That's a lot of shots blocked!" to which this writer replies, it sure f***ing is. Montgomery while being 17th overall in this category, is first among forwards, 9 above the next most by Matt Thompson of the Seattle Bears. You might be thinking now, "did you write this article about your own player just to hype yourself up for the upcoming VHL awards/VHL all star selections?", to which I'd reply, yes, yes I did. I think Montgomery's defensive abilities have gone almost unnoticed on a Helsinki team which has allowed several blowouts to this point, playing in front of a bot goalie. I would however like the fine people of the VHL Awards Committee to take notice of this, for a rookie player able to competently play both sides of the game so well shouldn't go unnoticed. While Smirnov should deservedly run away with the C spot on the VHL All-Rookie team, I still believe there might be some room somewhere for Montgomery as the 2nd best C from the s63 class.