Happy Dylan Day! [1/2]

SlapshotWrangler

Baltimore-Defensemen Dylan Nguyen is a lot of things. A leader, a friend, and arguably the best defensemen in the Victory Hockey League Minors. Dylan Nguyen is a 1st line defensemen of the Victory Hockey League Minor's Halifax 21st. We interviewed some of his teammates on their thoughts on Dylan Nguyen.

"Dylan Nguyen is a legend." replied Halifax Left Wing Ryuu Crimson. "Seriously, can't imagine being on a team without him in this league. He is great defensively and also offensively. He is awesome and I think he has a part-time apple-collecting job. No joke. I'm lucky to have someone like him on the blueline. He deserved to be the first overall pick, not me."

Center Nathan MacKinnon, teammate of Dylan, said, "I think Nguyen is a beast, and that he will have so much potential in the VHL."

And defensemen Shawn Glade said this about his teammate, "Uhh, yeah I think he's a great player and defensmen. he moves the puck well, he works hard in the dirty areas and he's racking up the points with Tzuyu on the pairing so I think he's just an amazing player."

Dylan Nguyen is on, arguably the best, defence line in the Victory Hockey League Minors. What not much people know about him, is that he actually used to play Center before becoming a Defensemen. Dylan's last name might be hard to pronounce, but you can still hear people chant his name, no matter how wrong it is.

"I remember we were against the Aces, back when we were in Saskatoon, and I remember someone said Nyoohoojen, if you think that is bad, once some guy called him Neeyoojeen. But hey, at least nobody said something like Noohoojookooyen." Ryuu said, recalling the mispronouncing of Nguyen's name.

@Dtayl

Dylan has also been a very prominent and strong leader, playing a leader role for the Saskatoon Wild.

As well as being sort of a troublemaker, if you recall the 4th of July and Vegas incidents.

Dylan was the 2nd pick of the Riga Reign, while being 7th overall. If that's not impressive, I don't know what is.

Also, fans in Baltimore are still going crazy for their young star, with a new hashtag that has popped up, #DylanNguyenFTW, which so far has exactly 1,452,139 posts.

Ryuu Crimson had a lot to say about these crazy, die-hard Dylan fans. "You can see their energy, those Baltimore fans. They didn't have anyone or anything to cheer for until Dylan came along and turned Baltimore into the American version of Toronto. I'm not joking. They have a whole arena dedicated to watching him. Everyone in Baltimore has his jersey, and I mean EVERYONE. The retired his number in The University of Maryland. Imagine what would happen if Baltimore got a team. Imagine what would happen if Dylan, one day, played in Baltimore. Imagine how crazy they would go."

As well as in the Victory Hockey League, he is making good progress internationally, doing really well for Team Asia. We hope to see him and the Asians make it to the top. 

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Dylan, for all you've done for Baltimore.

Happy Dylan Nguyen Day everyone!