Another Season, Another 50+ Goals

CowboyinAmerica

Davos -- It came down to the wire, but for the third straight year, HC Davos Dynamo forward Gabriel McAllister has finished with at least 50 goals. This time, the final total was 51 – but it took a hat trick on the final day of the season against the New York Americans to get there. Once again, McAllister led the team in both goals and scoring, this time beating out a much improved The Charm by 8 goals and 9 points.

For the second straight year, McAllister finished the season with 99 points, but there’s one major change: He’s not in contention for any major awards because of the offensive explosion around the league. While numbers like those put up by young guns like Cast, Thompson and Smirnov certainly surprised him, he’s still happy to have contributed as much as he could to his team.

“I’ve had my individual success; I’ve won plenty of awards,” McAllister said after a recent practice. “Especially as we’re getting to the end of my career, that stuff is starting to fade away a bit. What I ultimately want to be remembered as is a winner, and we have an opportunity to do that once again.”

Indeed, the Dynamo finished third in the standings, and while they go into the semifinals an underdog against the Quebec City Meute, anything can happen. For his part, McAllister has won Playoff MVP two of the past three years, including last year’s championship run, so he certainly knows what it takes.