Jose Gonzalez Draft Predictions and Hopes [1/2]

Jose Gonzalez

As the draft nears closer, I have been watching the VHL draft predictions more and more. I am currently tied for eighth in the VHL draft rankings. This is a massive improvement considering I was drafted 27th in the VHLM dispersion draft. It is likely that I will be picked by one of three teams. These three teams are the New York Americans, the Seattle Bears, and the Calgary Wranglers. I am going to talk about each of these teams and who I would like to be picked by during the draft.

New York Americans

The New York Americans finished the S62 season with a record of 25-44-3 in 7th place. They are a rebuilding team with a bright future having 2 first round picks. Growing up in Vegas I always had the west coast Vs. east rivalry in me, and grew up fighting for the west coast. It would be an honor to play for any VHL team, but I would rather play for a team out of the US or on the US west coast. I would rank them number 4 in the teams I would like to be drafted by because they are not competitive right now, and I do not affiliate with their side of the country.

Seattle Bears

The Seattle Bears were the team I grew up rooting for. They were always the team I wanted to go and win it all. The Bears ended their previous season in 5th place with a record of 36-29-7. They are the team I am hoping to be drafted by because of how bright and how near their future is. I would rank them 1st in the teams I want to be drafted by because I love Seattle; growing up my family would visit Seattle as our vacation spot, and they are going to be competitive very soon.

Calgary Wranglers

The Calgary Wranglers are currently fighting for the Championship with Quebec city. They have performed well all season and I am picking them to win it all. I would not mind being put into an already successful team, but if I win a cup I want to be a major part of the cup, not just a member of the team. Calgary has never been on my list, but since we are seeing that they are possible to pick me up, I have been watching then a lot. I would rank them number 2 in team I want to go to because of their amazing records over the last season.

Riga Reign

The Riga Reign are the most unlikely team on this list to pick me up, but there is a chance so I want to talk about the team. I would like to stay on the North American continent. However it would be an honor to be on a team that this likely to win a cup in the next 3 seasons. This would allow me to grow as a player, and be a part of the cup win. I would rank the Reign as number 3 in my list of wanting to be drafted by because of their bright future, and my ability to win a cup soon, but still have the ability to play a role in it.

Word Count 543

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Jose Gonzalez Draft Predictions and Hopes [1/2]