That's the All-Time TPE Record

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for workhorse

Gabriel McAllister the Workhorse

For about 15 seasons now, the all-time record for most TPE with a single player was held by Boubabi's Lord Karnage at 1,561. At the time, he shattered the record by almost 150 TPE, largely due to graphics and recruitment bonuses. The general assumption was that the record was out of reach.

Raising the weekly TPE cap from 9 to 12, however, changed the calculus. And now, the record has indeed fallen. With two points in last week's VHL Pick 'Em, Seattle Bears forward Gabriel McAllister has officially hit 1,562 TPE, giving him the most TPE for a single player all-time. Even with the cap raising, getting that much TPE means that the player still has to put in the work - McAllister maxed out on TPE each week between the Trade Deadline of Season 54 through the end of Season 61, while regularly getting 8-10 points a week the past two seasons.

It wasn't a record McAllister was expecting to set at the beginning of his career, but it's one he thinks it's cool to have, especially after previous CIA agency player Hans Wingate topped out at 1,301. "It's fun to put the work in for me, and I'm happy that it's all turned out this way," McAllister said. "I've had some good teammates and good teams to help me stay active a good nine seasons later, which has helped this not turn into a slog."

It's entirely possible that the record lasts exactly one season, with Calgary's Norris Stropko sitting at 1,477 and an additional season left to go. Still, McAllister's not quite done yet - he thinks it's distinctly possible to be the first to top 1,600 TPE by the time his final season ends.