Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Episode 4)

Advantage

Hey guys its been a bit but with some family issues I haven't been able to bring you one of these for a bit.  Nevertheless I am back to bring you the next edition in my transaction chronicles as I continued my New York Americans rebuild and was selling off everyone I could.  Last time we saw that trading Thomas Landry didn't exactly work out in my favour and highlighted how hard it can be to rebuild at times.  Ultimately you aren't just trading for a player that may or may not bust, but you are also having to count on the draft itself not busting a season in advance.  We will see more of that this episode so lets get into it.

To Yp5RCrq.png
S36 COL 2nd (C Prizza Dringus)
S37 VAS 3rd (G LeBron King Gonzalez)

To knfxFY7.png
(S30) RW - Guido Schwarz Esq.

New York Americans GM: Chris Miller
Vasteras Iron Eagles GM: Thomas Corcoran

So listen, Guido was a decent second line player but had a headcase element in his skeleton closet, so I was pretty much going to take anything for him.  He finished with a pretty strong career with a number of teams, recording 220 goals and 495 points in 504 games, often benefiting from getting higher minutes on weaker teams and making the most of it.  Also, neither of the players I received ever made it to the VHL but I will say that without a doubt Prizza Dringus is the best name in this trade.

To Yp5RCrq.png
S37 CGY 1st (LW Jakob Linholm)
S37 CGY 2nd (C Mikael Svensson)

To YTzfe5K.png
(S28) G - Alexander Labatte

Calgary Wranglers GM: Jason Glasser

The Season 37 Draft was one that turned my New York Americans from a rebuilder to a contender almost instantly.  With three consecutive picks in the top four, I was able to snatch up future Hall of Fame center Tom Slaughter and dubious power forward Logan Laich.  Slaughter would be a staple on the Americans dynasty until their next rebuild, while Laich was moved for key pieces that we will see in a future edition of Transaction Chronicles.  Unfortunately, the other pick didn't work out as well.  I had to move on from my elite goaltender at some point, and moved Labatte off just before his final year in the Victory Hockey League.  Jakob Linholm had built up a ton of momentum and looked like a surefire stud coming out of the draft with not a single hiccup prior to, but disappeared off the face of the earth literally just months later to everyone's surprise.  Linholm would finish with 280 points in 504 career games, being a cheap second line option for everyone he played on.  Svensson would never suit up in the Victory Hockey League.

To Yp5RCrq.png
S36 HSK 1st (C DuJuan Cook)
S37 VAS 2nd (D Penis Anthony Hudson)

To qLXReQs.png
(S28) D - Ryan Sullivan
S36 NYA 3rd (D Kyrie Knight)

Helsinki Titans GM: Mitch Higgins

Like the Season 37 Draft, the one previous to it was a massive draft for my New York Americans.  Not only did I have my GM Goalie and future Hall of Famer, Brick Wahl, being considered in that year's class, but I also drafted future Hall of Fame forward, Xin Xie Xiao, third overall.  This trade involved me trading my GM Defenseman, Ryan Sullivan, along with a pick that would end up not working out at all for a first round pick and a second round pick.  The second round pick, Hudson would go on to have a decently long but uneventful VHL career, playing for a number of teams.  DuJuan Cook did nothing in the VHL but thankfully I didn't actually take him, as I ended up moving that pick along with two 2nds to move up three spots and select Andrey Zadorov, who was a staple on our defense for quite some time and really gave our back-end an advantage in our playoff runs.  This trade ended up working out much nicer than it appears in the end, as Sullivan was a one and done on the Titans and they did nothing with him.