Sullivan Happy with Season; Looking Forward to Playoff Rush

Advantage

The Yukon Rush were expecting a number one defender when they selected Ryan Sullivan Jr. sixth overall in the S63 VHLM Dispersal Draft.  Fortunately for the Rush, that is exactly what he has been for them.  While he will fall short of winning the trophy named after his father, which is awarded to the league's top defender, he has been incredibly strong on a team that is well-surrounded.  Some players often benefit from being some of the only talented players on their team and soar up the point totals and blocked shot totals, while Sullivan Jr. doesn't have that benefit.  Nevertheless, he put together what can only be labelled as a tremendous season on one of the most dominant teams in the VHLM.  Through seventy VHLM games, Sullivan Jr. has recorded eight goals and fifty-seven assists for sixty-five points.  This total puts him fifth among all defenders in points and also puts him seventh in the VHLM in assists.  He is a +18 through the season and is one of the most physical players in the league with 213 and also has 86 blocked shots.  Additionally, he logs some of the most minutes in the league ranking in the top ten in that statistical category as well.  Sullivan Jr. sat down with us today to discuss whether he had any disappointment and what he is looking forward to as the season winds up.

"I am not disappointed at all.  Obviously, it was one of my goals but I am thrilled with where my team is at the moment and I'm excited to have contributed as I have towards their success.  We are really excited for our playoff run and believe we are one of the major threats in the league and are going to cause a lot of trouble for whoever we have to face during the VHLM Playoffs.  I just hope that I can step up and be a huge playoff performer for my team as the best players really need to step up for us to hit our goals.  As for what I'm looking forward to afterwards, obviously there will be the draft but I really feel I need to focus on the VHLM Playoffs first as I know I am not going to get another chance to win a Founder's Cup."