A look in the mind of a Rookie

Brolaski

With the S64 VHLM Draft coming up, I decided to take some time with some of the up and comers of this draft to see their thoughts on the jump, their competition, and their stock heading into it. Today’s guest is a young winger by the name of Nico Sulerzyski heading into this draft as a rookie. Right now, Draft researchers have Sulerzyski as the #9 Winger and #2 Left Winger behind the young Kyson Blake. Proving his worth, Nico is projected to be the 6th Rookie Skater to be picked in this season’s draft. A prolific goal scorer, Sulerzyski is a hard-working skater who will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. I was able to sit down with him and ask him a few questions about this season’s draft.

How does it feel to be the #2 projected Winger in the S64 VHLM Draft?

“It feels great! Heading into this draft, I knew I would be coming up against some pretty big names, including guys like Kyson Blake and Pat Svoboda. I may be the #2 Left Winger, but I’m also ranked in the 20s. This year’s draft has some major talent, and I need to prove to the GMs that I have what it takes to bring their club to the next level.”

How do you feel you rank up with the rest of the prospects?

“I think that what I lack in experience, I make up for in hard work and perseverance. Just because I made it to the VHLM doesn’t mean that I’ll stay there. I know that I have to push myself each week to break the barrier set the previous week.”

How have you felt these last couple of weeks before the upcoming draft?

“Confident, and excited mostly. I’ve been preparing my whole life for this moment, so to have my name being called will feel very gratifying. I’ve been able to talk to a few General Managers and it feels like a dream come true already. I know that I have what it takes, now all that’s left is to show the world what’s in store for them.”