New Year, New Role

TMI

As the off-season has ended and the pre-season has officially begun, Kyson Blake finds himself in a much different situation than last year.  Last year, Blake joined a team full of veteran players on the Saskatoon Wild, and was able to play on the second and third lines, while learning from the players ahead of him.  This season though, Blake will not only be joining a new team, the Ottawa Lynx, but he will also be expected to take on a much larger role, playing on the first line, and being a leader for the team.  This will be Kyson's time to shine and prove that he has taken the next step and show out for the VHL and show just how far he's come and what he will be bringing to the next level after this season.

"I'm in a new place and in a new role here in Ottawa, but overall it's still largely the same for me.  I'm still going to go out each and every day and practice and try to improve in the areas I'm weak and just become the best player I can.  I'll prove everyone I'm a capable starter in this league and after this season I'll be remembered."