Mark Gebauer on his VHL debut

Sova

Today was an important day for me playing my first game in the VHL not everything went to plan but all in all, I am pretty happy about everything.

I got up really early to start my pregame routine and getting ready to be at the rink in time which all takes some time also I wanted to take some time to relax before the game since as expected i was pretty nervous but as soon as I was at the arena and the other guys were there I started feeling a lot better. I really feel at home in Calgary and it is really nice that i get to play with players from my minor team as well as one other player that shares his mother tongue with me. Karl has been helping me a lot to get things done for me and helping me transition from team to team so i am really thankful for what he has done off the ice so far on the ice, of course, i am more than happy to have him on my team.

I sadly wasnt able to perform as well as I thought initally but i hope with time i will improve and start being of value to the team but things just need time and I knew that the trantition from VHML to VHL would be a big one so i dont really mind and i kind of expected to struggle a bit in the beginning but I guess we will see how i continue and then we can start discussing what i need to work on and where my problems lie. I have been working a lot on my shot recently and I am hoping that i will be able to showcase my new found abilities by making some alarms ring and some lights come on but we will.