Claimed:either my computer sucks or i suck. either or.

Want to play a game?
So with the VHL season coming to a close and a new crop of prospects in the Season 37 draft coming into the league, I will take some players, talk about their career and show where they got drafted. I will ask if it was fair, too high or too low as to where they were drafted. Just to create some discussion on players and their respective careers. Without knowing who went ahead or who went below I would like to know how you feel about the players draft position.

Adrian McCreath - Center
Player Information

Username: adrianmccreath
Full Name:Adrian McCreath
Position: Center
Handiness: Left

Player Attributes

Total Points Earned: 65

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 40
DI = Discipline: 40
SK = Skating: 52
ST = Strength: 40
PH = Puck Handling: 62
FO = Face Offs: 43
PA = Passing: 50
SC = Scoring: 64
DF = Defense: 40
EX = Experience: 40
LD = Leadership: 40

Other
Jersey Number: 09
Height (inches):71''
Weight (lbs.):170 lbs.
Birthplace:Canada

Awards:

Draft Table

1ST ROUND
1. Amstel Tigers (from Calgary Wranglers):
2. Vasteras IK (from Hamilton Canucks):
3. Helsinki Frostbite:
4. Stockholm Thunder:
5. Seattle Everblades:
6. Calgary Wranglers (from Amstel Tigers):
7. Toronto Legion:
8. Hamilton Canucks (from Vasteras IK):

2ND ROUND
9. Vasteras IK:
10. Toronto Legion:
11. Calgary Wranglers (from Amstel Tigers):
12. Seattle Everblades:
13. Stockholm Thunder:
14. Helsinki Frostbite:
15. Hamilton Canucks:
16. Amstel Tigers (from Calgary Wranglers):

3RD ROUND
17. Calgary Wranglers:
18. Hamilton Canucks: Adrian McCreath
19. Helsinki Frostbite:
20. Stockholm Thunder:
21. Seattle Everblades:
22. Amstel Tigers:
23. Toronto Legion:
24. Vasteras IK:

4TH ROUND
25. Vasteras IK:
26. Toronto Legion:
27. Amstel Tigers:
28. Seattle Everblades:
29. Stockholm Thunder:
30. Helsinki Frostbite:
31. Hamilton Canucks:
32. Calgary Wranglers:

5TH ROUND
33. Vasteras IK(From Calgary Wranglers):
34. Hamilton Canucks:
35. Helsinki Frostbite:
36. Stockholm Thunder:
37. Seattle Everblades:
38. Amstel Tigers:
39. Toronto Legion:
40. Calgary Wranglers( from Vasteras IK):

6TH ROUND
41. Calgary Wranglers( from Vasteras IK):
42. Toronto Legion:
43. Amstel Tigers:
44. Seattle Everblades:
45. Stockholm Thunder:
46. Helsinki Frostbite:
47. Hamilton Canucks:
48. Calgary Wranglers:

7TH ROUND
49. Calgary Wranglers:
50. Hamilton Canucks:
51. Helsinki Frostbite:
52. Stockholm Thunder:
53. Seattle Everblades:
54. Amstel Tigers:
55. Toronto Legion:
56. Amstel Tigers(From Vasteras IK):

Season 1:

Pre-Season (HAM) – 7 GP | 4 G | 2 A | 6 P | -1 | 12 PIM | 9 H | 28 SH | 3 SB

Adrian McCreath was drafted in the Season 1 Dispersal Draft in the 3rd round, 18th overall by the Hamilton Canucks. Shortly after being drafted he signed a 3 year entry level contract worth 8.25 million or 2.75 per season. In the 7 game pre-season for the Hamilton Canucks they went 3-4-0 with an overtime win. In these 7 games he finished with 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points. This was good enough for a tie in goals with Alyn McCauley and in points with Anders Eriksson with 4 goals and 6 points respectively. He finished in the mid pack of the team with a -1 rating. His 12 PIM, and 28 shots lead the team in those categories as well as his 9 hits and 3 shots blocked tied for the team lead. He also scored approximately 4.25 percent of his team’s goals in the pre-season.

Season 1:

Regular Season (HAM) – 44 GP | 16 G | 19 A | 35 P | +5 | 52 PIM | 31 H | 134 SH | 2 SB
Regular Season (AMS) – 28 GP | 11 G | 15 A | 26 P | -18 | 22 PIM | 12 H | 133 SH | 6 SB
TOTAL (HAM/AMS) – 72 GP | 27 G | 34 A | 61 P | -13 | 74 PIM | 43 H | 267 SH | 8 SB

The season started out looking good for McCreath as he put up pretty solid numbers on a weak Hamilton Canucks team. In his 44 games played for Hamilton his 16 goals would be 3rd on the team scoring compared to those who played the whole season there if that sheds a light on the lack of team scoring. He was also a surprising +5 in his 44 games played on a team that ended up finishing 32 points out of the playoff race. With Hamilton clearly out of the playoff race, GM Brett Noiles decided to trade his number 1 center to the Amstel Tigers with Hamilton’s S2 2nd round draft pick for Amstel’s S2 2nd round draft pick and Helsinki’s S2 2nd round draft pick which was acquired in an earlier trade involving Juan de le Martinez for Helsinki’s supplemental draft pick (6th overall) and S2 Helsinki Frostbite 2nd round draft pick. In the 28 games played in Amstel he put up a pretty good 11 goals and 15 assists for 26 points in 26 games. His defensive game fell off the map though finishing a terrible -18. What is more interesting is that his shots in both Hamilton and Amstel are nearly the same as he finished with 134 in Hamilton and 133 in Amstel despite playing in 16 less games. The overall numbers are pretty good with a stat line of 27 goals, 34 assists and 61 points. The total of 267 shots and a shooting percentage of 10% show that maybe he is more of an assist man than a goal scorer. The face-offs need much improvement as he finished below 50%, finishing with 46% face-offs won. Amstel did however finish 2nd in the European conference with 71 points which was 20 ahead of 3rd but 30 behind 1st.

Season 1:

Playoffs (AMS) – 5 GP | 2 G | 2 A | 4 P | -4 | 0 PIM | 1 H | 22 SH | 1 SB

With the Amstel Tigers finishing 30 points behind the Vasteras IK, not many pundits predicted a series win. This held true with Vasteras steamrolling Amstel in a 5 game series win. Adrian McCreath put up a respectable 4 points in 5 games which was good enough for 3rd in team scoring. His 2 goals also were good enough for 2nd in team scoring. The -4 however, was among the worst on the team. Overall this was a pretty bad defensive showing for the Amstel Tigers as a whole as they didn’t have enough star power to compete with Vasteras.

Career:

Career – Pre Season (HAM) – 7 GP | 4 G | 2 A | 6 P | -1 | 12 PIM | 9 H | 28 SH | 3 SB
Career - Regular Season - TOTAL (HAM/AMS) – 72 GP | 27 G | 34 A | 61 P | -13 | 74 PIM | 43 H | 267 SH | 8 SB
Career - Playoffs (AMS) – 5 GP | 2 G | 2 A | 4 P | -4 | 0 PIM | 1 H | 22 SH | 1 SB
Career - Total – 84 GP | 33 G | 38 A | 71 P | -18 | 86 PIM | 53 H | 317 SH | 12 SB

Adrian McCreath playing career did not end after season 1, it just took on a new beginning as after he announced his retirement from the VHL as a center, he took on becoming a goaltender. Moves like this aren’t common so we witnessed a little bit of history. Overall 71 points in a total of 84 games is pretty decent for a guy taken in the 3rd round.

Edited by StevenStamkos91

Guest Svoboda_3

Content: 3/3

1,272 words and minus the draft table, 1,060 words. I absolutely love the concept. Your writing has improved immensely since before and there are better sentences being formed here. I'm not sure the long draft table was required, but with or without it, you nailed the word count and more.

Grammar: 2/2

Realistically, there were a bunch of really dinky things that maybe I'm a bit anal about, but would like to see incorporated in peoples' work to follow the consistency, things like capitalizing "Draft" when using "Season 27 Draft" and spacing between a word and the start of a bracketed segment, IE. Kendrick sucks penis' (and a lot I might add) sort of thing. I won't deduct, but I would like to see these examples incorporated.

draft = Draft

they were drafted. Just to create some discussion on players and their respective careers = they were drafted to create some discussion on players....

Name:Adrian = Name: Adrian (needs spacing between : and Adrian

Birthplace:Canada = Birthplace: Canada

Wranglers( from Vasteras = Wranglers (from Vasteras (x2) (Also assuming you copied and pasted, but in knowing the correctness of that, you could have fixed it too even though the original mistake wasn't yours)

3 year = 3-year

mid pack = mid-pack

shots lead = shots led

Tigers = Tijgers (x3)

and S2 = and a S2

need = needed

European conference = European Conference (let's stay consistent with capitalization)

Adrian McCreath playing career = Adrian McCreath's playing career

Appearance: 1/1

Spot on, but it could have used a picture.

Overall: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...