Team World

Matt_O

Team World is mainly filled with the best guys of the VHLM, along with Anthony Dabarno and Mountain Thunderfist, who are both rookies in the VHL. This team is pretty good but is has some issues. Their two goalies, Tyler Smith and Joe Nixon, are not a problem, and they are among the top of the VHLM. Their defense is solid, with Mountain Thunderfist, Dallas Jones and Bolt Vanderhuge headlining the blue line. Burnt Toast is an odd choice I suppose, especially since he hasn't been active since August. I would have taken someone that is at least active so they can maybe hit 100 TPE before the WJC but I'm not a GM, and there is probably something I'm missing.

Their offense is quite strong, with Anthony Dabarno, Nathan MacKinnon, Matthew Materazo, and Roll Fizzlebeef headline the offense. MacKinnon has 55 points, which is second in the VHLM, while Materazo is 11th in the league with 46 points. Dabarno has struggled in the VHLM, with zero points in 36 games. He also has been inactive since late November though, but he is still one of the top guys on this team.

Jessy Thomas doesn't have much in the TPE department, but he has 37 points in 40 games and has been a pleasant surprise in the VHLM. Sven Hitz truly lives up to his name, with 141 hits on the year. Not much scoring from him though.

Overall Team World looks solid. Not much to say, team Canada will likely be their biggest competition, as well as Asia.