I Guess the WJC is Okay

Hybrid1486

I wasn't going to write anything about the WJC this week, despite the bonus point, but I saw a few posts talking about the tournament as it fits into the VHL structure as a whole and I wanted to offer an opinion of my own on that.

I've gone on record as being adamantly opposed to anything that doesn't include the letters "VHL" in the title. I actually had a chance to participate in the WJC back in S62, but I opted out of restructuring my TPE because I didn't care about the tournament. That's still the case, but I've kind of come around on the WJC...just not for me.

I still don't care, and there's nothing that can be done to make me care about it. That said, I don't need to care, and nobody needs to care that I don't care. The WJC doesn't exist for me and my kind, it's for the newer players (and members) who still want to see their players in action as often as possible. If they're not burned out on seeing their guys pick up stats and wins, who am I to tell them they should be? I have a bad habit of shitting on things that I don't like but other people do, and I need to stop doing that.

I won't check in on a single one of the games. I guessed Canada would win in the prediction thread based on the consensus I was seeing, and the only way I'll know if they actually won is if I get tagged as a TPE winner. But if you're hyped for the WJC, I hope you enjoy it.