Slipher Re-ups in Helsinki

Hybrid1486

With the VHL in he second half of its 64th season, the time has come for teams to start doing a preliminary look at where they're headed, both in the postseason and the next season. The Helsinki Titans are looking like a safe bet to make the playoffs this year, and they received a big boost for next season earlier today when left wing Vesto Slipher, who seemed set to hit free agency this coming offseason, agreed to a one-year extension to remain in Finland for Season 65.

"I really feel like this is the best situation for me going forward," said Slipher, "and I'm excited to see what kind of team the front office will be putting forth next season. Even though we have a few guys set to retire, I think we'll be in good shape for at least one more year."

With plenty of uncertainty around the future of the VHL with regards to expansion, as well as Slipher's plans moving forward, the only safe bet for the moment is that Slipher won't be signing a contract extension next season. If he continues his career past Season 65, it's all but certain that free agency is the path he'll choose, and the Titans' management seems to be fine with that.