Mikko Aaltonen rookie profile

GRZ

Hepo.jpg.b12da8e7cde1f722d3117b1d43c7574e.jpg

Name: Mikko Aaltonen

Position: RW
Playstyle: Sniper
Shoots: Left

Height: 75 in

Weight: 200 lbs

Birthplace: Vihti, Finland

Current Status: Playing for Oslo Storm

Early Life

In his early upbringing, Mikko always looked up to his father and brother playing hockey together in the backyard, he was the youngest in the family and was told that he could only play at an older age.
But this didn't stop him, at an age of 6 Mikko stepped into his first skates and soon after that he made his first gallops around the backyard.... "If you showed me this in a video format, I almost wouldn't believe that it would be real, skating at such a young age and making it look effortless is something amazing in the makings" - Ulli Aaltonen [Mikko's father commenting on his son's abilities]
From that point, everyone in the family knew that they had something on their hands.....
First team Mikko played for was Pelicans of the Finnish Liiga, in his first season he managed to get 33 G, 20 A in his first 76 games, the team itself struggled placing 10th out of 15.

Pros

Mikko is an excellent skater, and he isn't afraid to get into the tight points to get to the puck, really straight forward - this guy sees the puck sitting on the ice, he races for it.

Accompanying that is that he possesses an amazing shot, the power of which he can launch a puck is uncanny. In his early hockey teams back in the motherland Finland, Mikko always managed to win the "Hardest Shot" and "Most Precise Shot" nominations whenever such fun activites were hosted, flattered by comments of people on his shot, Mikko doesn't necceserally think that he has something special... "Well obviously the purpose of the game is to shoot the puck into the net, I don't specifically believe I do it the best, everyone is on that task *laughs*" - the youngster Mikko[when asked about his shot].

While being young Mikko always spent time learning new dekes and trying to learn more maneuvers to outplay his opponents, and as his coach would always say "this kid has magical hands.... its like watching a magic trick, you can never know what he is going to pull out on you, until its too late *laughs*.

Cons

While Mikko has been praised a lot for his pros, he does catch the end of the straw too, like an ordinary human being, he does have some weaknesses.
Temperament has always been a thing Mikko has been battling with, sometimes it does get the better of him, but he has acknowledged it and is working to become more mature and understanding of certain situations, but that of course comes with time and especially at this point in his age. He always apologizes and makes sure nobody is offended afterwards.

Lack of experience hurts him aswell, often he found himself in a situation he had never experienced and that kinda impacted on how fast he could react to certain situations, but this is last thing that Mikko worries about. "It's normal that sometimes things don't go as planned and you end up doing a mistake, I am going to use all my previous mistakes to be better next time" - Aaltonen [on his lack of experience]

Edited by GRZ