USA GM Hopeful in Medal tournament

Bonzaijoe

We're here with GM Bonzaijoe after the group stage of the WJC, and we have a couple questions regarding his team's performance so far. First, we asked Joe how the round robin went for him and his team, he responded, "We could've done better, I'll give you that. We took a couple tough losses to World or Asia, teams we should've beat, but also took Europe and Canada to some losses or overtime points. We could've done worse, I'm proud of where this team came out of the round robin." I asked Joe what he thought of the Canada team he'll be facing in the first round. He responded, "They're good. That's just it. They kicked our (butt) in the one round robin game, the second one we kept close, we just gotta play like we've been here before. I know this team has the potential to take it to the gold medal game, it's only a matter of time before they get a real solid breakout game. This team has so much potential, I've had an amazing time putting the team together, and I'm happy they're gelling the way they have been. I just need to take this squad to medal contention, and not having to play the play-in game is a huge confidence booster going into the playoff rounds."

Joe seems hopeful for his team, let's see if he gets the results he wants when the medal rounds of the WJC continue!