The Plan: Part 1

BluObieZ

The VHLM season is over and as many people picked the Aces were by far the best team. But not everything went according to plan. Orion Slade the biggest FA signing really didn’t live up to his dominating hype. He was supposed to take the league by storm and he may have taken something else by storm but not the league.

This marks the first time a Robbie Zimmers forward client does not dominate in the VHLM at all. He was not horrible, he supplied the top Aces with secondary scoring that any championship team needs. But Robbie has a strict dominance clause with his clients. Orion did not live up to that. Robbie told the media “I am going to have a long and harsh conversation with my client. He will not like what I have to say but that’s fucking life. You cannot fart around in the VHLM when you are looking to be drafted. That shit gets you sent down for a 2nd season and trust me he will not be playing in this dump of a league next season. He will be bringing his talents to the big league”

You would assume that he would more than welcome a demotion after this season but if you look deeper you can see why Robbie does not want his client to play in the VHLM. First off, he would go into the VHLM draft and any team can draft him. Robbie would only want Vegas. 2ndly that would be directly against what Robbie wants for his client. The plan all along was for him to championship hunt every season he is in the VHL. The first season maybe a tossup because they cannot one hundred percent guarantee who will draft him. Orion will soon release a list who he would play.

Robbie went out today to tell team that are thinking on taking Orion “Listen closely. My client will have some pretty insane contract demands. How insane will be determined by how bad your team is. All I am willing to say is that he will be playing one season with the team that drafts him. Championship hunting is a fine art and he will make people want to beg him to stay and stick out rebuilds and the answer will always be nope NEXT. If you don’t like that, then don’t draft him and try to sign him during one of his free agency fuckeries”

Even with that released statement, it may make sense for Orion to go for back to back VHLM championships before he makes the jump to the big league. That way he can dominate the rookie pack, get ROTY and if according what Robbie says start off as a free agent even before he plays one VHL game. One thing is clear, that if Robbie gets his way all this fuckery will cause lots of talk around the league and maybe will help others to be more creative with their careers, instead of sauntering around being loyal.