Thoughts on current role in Halifax

rjfryman

I did not know what to expect when I signed the contract with Halifax. A number of teams were interested in signing me for a year but there was something about Halifax. I'm not 100% sure why I went with them, but I think it had something to do with the fact they shot straight with me. They told me that I would not be able to crack the top line and that I would have to fight for my minutes. A part of me, 'the cocky part' thought "Sure, I would have to fight for my minutes but once they see my skills I'll be the starter". That was of course before my first practice. Man I'm lucky we don't have that many natural left wingers between Dimitri Volosenkov and Blake Gaudette I'm lucky to be third in line. Dimitri that guy is a stud, I don't know if I'll be able to ever get close to him, I guess I'm lucky that he is on my team so I can learn from him. Blake on the other hand, he's better than me for now but trust me when I say I'm coming for that second line spot. That being said I do feel confident In my passing. I think maybe only two other people are close to me. Our first line center Teagan Glover and strangely enough a defenseman named Rhye Tyr. Good thing I'm not fighting for their spots otherwise the key to my game would be all but neutralized against those two.