Claimed:Percy Miller: Tumultuous Beginnings

Retired MF

Percy Miller: Tumultuous Beginnings

These first two weeks have brought about a tumultuous start in Victory Hockey League for young right winger Percy Miller. Entering the league without a clue has brought about more troubles in the early going than he would have ever wanted throughout his entire time in the league. Between confusion about how things are run and the lack of activity at the moment he announced his entrance into the VHL, Percy became increasingly frustrated with his situation.

090511-music-master-p.jpg

Percy Miller before the VHLM draft.

The boiling point of the frustration came when discussing the league with veteran member, Svoboda_3. The poor guy was trying to explain what was going on in the league but it became increasingly clear that Percy had made his mind up about the happenings. With a league schedule posted for the off-season, he saw nothing that actually pertained to him. Svoboda_3 tried to explain the TPE rules, league schedule, and carryover rules but Percy was having none of it. After a lengthy discussion that began with good intentions, the two had reached an impasse that led to Percy calling him a prick.

Oh how fate would soon play a cruel joke on them though. With a plethora of picks in the VHLM draft, Turku selected both Vojczek Svoboda and Percy Miller. However, no more drama would ensue now that time on the ice was finally being seen. There is nothing better to relieve a little stress than to knock the piss out of someone/ [Editor’s Note: Legally on the ice of course.] The duo would play three games and only a few minutes together before Percy Miller was traded to Moscow for two third round picks. Being that he was drafted in the fourth, it may be safe to say that his stock is on the rise. A quick look at the schedule will tell you that the very next game for Percy Miller will indeed be against the Turku Outlaws. With plenty of ice time ahead of him, one must worry about his health as star defender Vojczek Svoboda may be head hunting in this match-up.

7542_672104562830787_1403762330_n.jpg

New home for Percy Miller, Moscow Red Wolves' Logo.

When asked about his ugly start in the VHL, Percy Miller said, “I try not to live in the past. It wasn’t pretty and I certainly didn’t act the way I should have. I am thankful for the advice from some members and that Turku not only drafted me but dealt me to a team where I can get some minutes to develop. I wish them the best of luck, except against Moscow.”  The future for Mr. Miller looks very bright. There is certainly no ceiling for the young winger and he’s proved that he’ll battle through any tough times he will face. The only question that remains is how he will perform on the ice! Through three games with limited time he hasn't shown us much.

Guest Svoboda_3

It's all good man. Glad to see you getting a better opportunity in Moscow. To be quite honest, Turku has way too many players, so it's tough to make everyone happy. Good to see you punch out your first PT. Keep in mind, once this has a final grade, you may double the points, as well as the next two point tasks that follow.

6/6 = 12/12

5/6 = 10/12

It's all good man. Glad to see you getting a better opportunity in Moscow. To be quite honest, Turku has way too many players, so it's tough to make everyone happy. Good to see you punch out your first PT. Keep in mind, once this has a final grade, you may double the points, as well as the next two point tasks that follow.

6/6 = 12/12

5/6 = 10/12

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Content: 3/3 - Glad you shed some light on the situation and handled it very maturely. I'm sure it was a heat in the moment type of issue quickly blew over. Regardless, I know how confusing the league could be. Glad you're sticking it out. 

Grammar: 2/2 - Very small errors.

someone/ - someone.

Through three games with limited time he hasn't shown us much. - Through three games with limited time, he hasn't shown us much.

them though - them, though.

Appearance: 1/1 - Christmas colors!

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6