Team Europe

Team Europe was announced on Monday and Shawnomir Jagr made the cut. I mean I had a feeling he would make it considering the season he is having and because he is slated to go in the first round of the upcoming VHL Entry Draft. This season, Jagr has scored 29 goals and assisted on 28 goals for 57 points in just 39 games. It is a good season indeed for the young Czech winger. Kari Jurri also looks like he is a gamer as with the Houston Bulls, he has scored 25 goals and assisted on 27 goals for 52 points. These two should make a interesting combo in the WJC. Owen May is slated to become the starter on the team and currently he is 18-17-4 with a 0.874 SV% and a 3.39 G.A.A.

Overall, I would expect a good showing from Europe in the WJC with Jagr being one of the best players of course. However, if it doesn't go that well, I expect maybe goaltending to be suspect which is unfortunate. Hopefully all breaks right for the team and we can make some noise in the WJC and knock off one of Canada or USA.